skip to navigation »

Home > Historical encyclopaedia > Encyclopaedia > Churches, Monasteries > The Knights of the Cross with the Red Star Chateau

The Knights of the Cross with the Red Star Chateau

Number of views: 3985

 
 

The Knights of the Cross Chateau

The Knights of the Cross with the Red Star commandry used to own real estate, land and buildings on the opposite bank of the Ohře River on “Špitálský vrch” (Hospital Hill). One of those buildings, later rebuilt in the Baroque style, used to be called the Knights of the Cross Chateau. Purportedly, it used to be a summer residence of the commander.

The location also used to be called “Špitálský dvůr” (Hospital Court), “U milosrdných” (At the merciful). Now the maps show the name of “Dvůr pod lipami” (Lime-trees Court).

(RS)

 

This historical sight is not accessible to the public.

 

Pictures

The Knights of the Cross Chateau, Prökl 1846

The Knights of the Cross Chateau, Prökl 1846

The Knights of the Cross Chateau, 1765

The Knights of the Cross Chateau, 1765

 
 
Interactive Encyclopaedia of the Town of Cheb

Interactive Encyclopaedia of the Town of Cheb
Overview of Top 200 Historic Sites in Cheb.