skip to navigation »

Municipal Slaughterhouse

Number of views: 5915 | This object no longer exists.

Category: Significant Public Buildings

Address: Pražská

 
 
 

Municipal Slaughterhouse

The town of Cheb, as one of the first German-Czech towns, established a slaughterhouse in Pražská street, next to the Reich´s railroad viaduct in 1895 which belonged to the most modern in Bohemia at that time. Until today, there have not been more considerable changes, except for building of a cooling plant and a site building. The municipal slaughterhouse is built on a plot of land with the size of 1 ha. The built-up areas makes 2,870m2 (hall 970m2, cooling plant 960m2, adjacent building 940m2).

(Eger 1931,78)

 

The building no longer exists. 

 

Contact Information

Address: Pražská

 

Pictures

Slaughterhouse. View from the viaduct. 1907

Slaughterhouse. View from the viaduct. 1907

Slaughterhouse. Site plan 1907

Slaughterhouse. Site plan 1907

Municipal Slaughterhouse 2013

Municipal Slaughterhouse 2013

 
Municipal Slaughterhouse 2013

Municipal Slaughterhouse 2013

Municipal Slaughterhouse 2013

Municipal Slaughterhouse 2013

Municipal Slaughterhouse 2013

Municipal Slaughterhouse 2013

 
Municipal Slaughterhouse 2013

Municipal Slaughterhouse 2013

 

 
Interactive Encyclopaedia of the Town of Cheb

Interactive Encyclopaedia of the Town of Cheb
Overview of Top 200 Historic Sites in Cheb.