skip to navigation »

Memorial Plaque – Town Hall 1

Year of construction: 1929

Number of views: 4062

Category: Monuments, Fountains, Memorial Plaques

Address: náměstí krále Jiřího

 
 
 

Memorial Plaque – Town Hall 1

The marble plaque with Karl Siegl’s text, which commemorates the first town hall and the first church in Jánské Square, was installed along with an extension piece decorated with a relief of the oldest town seal made by Karl Wilfert on house No. 14 on 15 May 1929. The plaque was removed and the house was demolished in 1948. The plaque with the extension piece was rediscovered in the 1980s among discarded stones and stored in the museum collections. In 1995, it was displayed among the exhibits of a new museum exposition.

(bh)

 

The memorial plaque may be found among the exhibits of the Cheb Museum.

 

Contact Information

Address: náměstí krále Jiřího

 

Pictures

Old town hall with memorial plaque in 1951

Old town hall with memorial plaque in 1951

Upper part of the memorial plaque from the old town hall at the museum 1995

Upper part of the memorial plaque from the old town hall at the museum 1995

 
 
Interactive Encyclopaedia of the Town of Cheb

Interactive Encyclopaedia of the Town of Cheb
Overview of Top 200 Historic Sites in Cheb.