skip to navigation »

House at the Black Eagle

Number of views: 3767

Category: Houses in the Square

Address: náměstí Krále Jiřího z Poděbrad 511/10

 
 
 

House at the Black Eagle

The house is named after a pharmacy opened on its ground floor by pharmacist Josef Herder in 1740. It was originally known as the Golden Stag according to an inn operated at the house since 1665. After the inn had been relocated to the present-day Schiller House above the Town Hall in 1790, the house became known under the name of the pharmacy. From 1844, the pharmacy was in the possession of Adolf Tachezy, the mayor of the town of Cheb between 1873 and 1882, and the house was thus also called the Tachezy Pharmacy. The Black Eagle Pharmacy had been officially in operation until 1948 when it was replaced by a dry cleaner's shop and later, following a reconstruction, by a nameless colour and varnish shop.

 

 

 

Accessible to the public only during operating hours of the businesses residing here. 

 

Contact Information

Address: náměstí Krále Jiřího z Poděbrad 511/10

 

Pictures

House at the Black Eagle in 1998

House at the Black Eagle in 1998

House at the Black Eagle, facade 1979

House at the Black Eagle, facade 1979

House at the Black Eagle 2013

House at the Black Eagle 2013

 
House at the Black Eagle 2013

House at the Black Eagle 2013

House at the Black Eagle 2013

House at the Black Eagle 2013

House at the Black Eagle 2013

House at the Black Eagle 2013

 
House at the Black Eagle 2013

House at the Black Eagle 2013

 

 
Interactive Encyclopaedia of the Town of Cheb

Interactive Encyclopaedia of the Town of Cheb
Overview of Top 200 Historic Sites in Cheb.