skip to navigation »

Goldhammer House

Number of views: 6223 | This object no longer exists.

Category: Houses in the Square

Address: náměstí Krále Jiřího z Poděbrad

 
 
 

Goldhammer's House

The house bears the name of the renowned local teacher and chronicler, Johann Goldhammer, who owned the property from 1586 to 1594. The original Gothic house, the wide forefront of which had enclosed the southern part of the square, was demolished during the construction of Nádražní Street in 1865.

 

 

The building no longer exists.

 

Contact Information

Address: náměstí Krále Jiřího z Poděbrad

 

Pictures

Goldhammer House. South forefront of the square before 1865, picture by F. Schilhabel

Goldhammer House. South forefront of the square before 1865, picture by F. Schilhabel

South forefront . 1900. J. Haberzettl

South forefront . 1900. J. Haberzettl

 
 
Interactive Encyclopaedia of the Town of Cheb

Interactive Encyclopaedia of the Town of Cheb
Overview of Top 200 Historic Sites in Cheb.