skip to navigation »

Fountain of the Guilds

Year of construction: 1926

Number of views: 6397

 
 

Guild Fountain

The monument to the guilds, represented by the figures of the master, journeyman and apprentice, was designed by sculptor Adolf Mayerl and it was unveiled in Kamenná Street on 6 June at the occasion of the 50th anniversary of the Cheb Trade Society and the 25th anniversary of the foundation of the Union of Societies of the Cheb District. The decorative bars were made free of charge by Hermann Ernst’s firm and the 33 bronze guild coat of arms was cast by the bell-founding workshop of Lorenz Pistorius. The unveiling ceremony culminated with the waving of the flags by 23 butcher apprentices in the meadow in Poohří. After World War II, the fountain faced gradual dilapidation and several coat of arms of the guilds disappeared. The missing coat of arms were made and donated to Cheb by architect Gütter in 1990. The fountain was renovated by the town in cooperation with German inhabitants in 1992.

(bh)

 

The guild fountain may be found in Kamenná Street near Krále Jiřího z Poděbrad Square.

 

Contact Information

Address: Kamenná

 

Pictures

 

Fountain of the Guilds 2013

Fountain of the Guilds 2013

 
Fountain of the Guilds 2013

Fountain of the Guilds 2013

Fountain of the Guilds 2013

Fountain of the Guilds 2013

Fountain of the Guilds 2013

Fountain of the Guilds 2013

 
Fountain of the Guilds 2013

Fountain of the Guilds 2013

Fountain of the Guilds 2013

Fountain of the Guilds 2013

 

 
Interactive Encyclopaedia of the Town of Cheb

Interactive Encyclopaedia of the Town of Cheb
Overview of Top 200 Historic Sites in Cheb.