skip to navigation »

Fountain next to the castle

Year of construction: 1936

Number of views: 3436 | This object no longer exists.

 
 

Fountain next to the castle

Cheb municipal government decided in the spring of 1936 that a fountain will be built at the place of the former Mill Gate, at the corner of Hradní and Mlýnská streets. The reason for it was to demarcate the castle ditch towards Hradní street so that undignified use of the ditch as a children´s playground is avoided. The stone fountain was built by the municipal construction authority till half of May. The fountain was demolished after most of the houses in the surrounding of the castle have been demolished after 1960.

(bh)

 

The fountain by the castle was removed in the 1960s.

 

Contact Information

Address: Mlýnská

 

Pictures

Fountain next to the castle. Around 1936

Fountain next to the castle. Around 1936

Fountain next to the castle. Around 1938

Fountain next to the castle. Around 1938

Fountain next to the castle 1951

Fountain next to the castle 1951

 
The spot of the former fountain under the castle. 2003

The spot of the former fountain under the castle. 2003

 
 
Interactive Encyclopaedia of the Town of Cheb

Interactive Encyclopaedia of the Town of Cheb
Overview of Top 200 Historic Sites in Cheb.