skip to navigation »

Cramer House

Number of views: 3783

Category: Houses in the Square

Address: Kamenná 490/2

 
 
 

Cramer House

 

Throughout the 16th century, the house was in the possession of a patrician family belonging to the town elite. The house has earned its place in the history of the town by hosting the Bohemian “Winter King”, Frederick V, Elector Palatine, in October 1619. Unfortunately, the original house collapsed in 1627 and it had to be rebuilt. The present-day layout is the result of a reconstruction carried out by builder W. Prachensky in 1827. A memorial plaque honouring Josef Czerny, a local music teacher and collector of Cheb folk songs, was unveiled in 1935 and removed after 1945. The entire house was modernized and reconstructed during the renovation of the town in the 1960s.

 

 

 

Accessible to the public only during operating hours of the businesses residing here. 

 

Contact Information

Address: Kamenná 490/2

 

Pictures

Cramer House in 1892

Cramer House in 1892

Cramer House in 1946

Cramer House in 1946

Cramer House in 1951

Cramer House in 1951

 
Cramer House in 1953

Cramer House in 1953

Cramer House in 1971

Cramer House in 1971

Cramer House, facade 1979

Cramer House, facade 1979

 
Cramer House in 1998

Cramer House in 1998

Cramer House. Design of curb roof by August Gabriely, view from Kamenná Street and the square, 1827

Cramer House. Design of curb roof by August Gabriely, view from Kamenná Street and the square, 1827

Cramer House. Reconstruction plan, floor plans and sectional view, Wenzel Prachensky, 1833

Cramer House. Reconstruction plan, floor plans and sectional view, Wenzel Prachensky, 1833

 
 Cramer House 2013

Cramer House 2013

 Cramer House 2013

Cramer House 2013

 Cramer House 2013

Cramer House 2013

 
 Cramer House 2013

Cramer House 2013

 Cramer House 2013

Cramer House 2013

 

 
Interactive Encyclopaedia of the Town of Cheb

Interactive Encyclopaedia of the Town of Cheb
Overview of Top 200 Historic Sites in Cheb.