skip to navigation »

Commemorative plaque - Schirndingers

Year of construction: 1893

Number of views: 3842 | This object no longer exists.

Category: Monuments, Fountains, Memorial Plaques

Address: Náměstí Krále Jiřího z Poděbrad

 
 
 

Commemorative plaque of the Schirndingers

On 23 October 1883, a cast-iron commemorative plaque was placed at the Riedl´s house at the square, called Schirndingers´ house according to a significant Cheb´s patrician dynasty which owned the house in the 15th century. The plaque was donated by the descendants of the Schirndingers´ dynasty and bears the following inscription: Stammhaus der Patrizier Schirndinger. There are three coats of arms under the inscription. The commemorative plaque was removed in 1945 and placed in a museum. It was discovered in collections in 1995 and exhibited in the newly built museum exposition.

(bh)

 

Contact Information

Address: Náměstí Krále Jiřího z Poděbrad

 

Pictures

Schirdingers´ house with the commemorative plaque. J. Haberzettl 1910

Schirdingers´ house with the commemorative plaque. J. Haberzettl 1910

Commemorative plaque of the Schirdingers´ dynasty. Around 1935

Commemorative plaque of the Schirdingers´ dynasty. Around 1935

Schirdingers´ house without the commemorative plaque in 1946

Schirdingers´ house without the commemorative plaque in 1946

 
Schirdingers´ house in 1951

Schirdingers´ house in 1951

Schirdingers´ commemorative plaque in the museum exposition. 1995

Schirdingers´ commemorative plaque in the museum exposition. 1995

 
 
Interactive Encyclopaedia of the Town of Cheb

Interactive Encyclopaedia of the Town of Cheb
Overview of Top 200 Historic Sites in Cheb.