skip to navigation »

Church of Saint Michael

Number of views: 4014 | This object no longer exists.

Category: Churches, Monasteries

Address: Kostelní náměstí

 
 
 

Church of Saint Michael

The smaller Church of Saint Michael had stood north of the parish church. It was built by the Teutonic Knights in the 13th century. The structure was actually a double chapel where the lower part that was not connected to the upper part served as a charnel (ossuary). The small church was destroyed by an extensive fire in 1809. The ruins were removed and the open space was landscaped in 1827.                                   

(RS)

 

The building no longer exists. 

 

Contact Information

Address: Kostelní náměstí

 

Pictures

Charnel of Saint Michael. Before the fire in 1809. K. Huss, 1821

Charnel of Saint Michael. Before the fire in 1809. K. Huss, 1821

Charnel of Saint Michael. Ground plan. Grueber, 1864

Charnel of Saint Michael. Ground plan. Grueber, 1864

Charnel of Saint Michael. Ground plan and overall view. V. Prökl, 1845

Charnel of Saint Michael. Ground plan and overall view. V. Prökl, 1845

SOkA Cheb, F1, Fol. 44

 
 
 
Interactive Encyclopaedia of the Town of Cheb

Interactive Encyclopaedia of the Town of Cheb
Overview of Top 200 Historic Sites in Cheb.