skip to navigation »

Army Hospital

Number of views: 5628

Category: Significant Public Buildings

Address: Balthasara Neumanna

 
 
 

Army Hospital

The army hospital in front of Lodní brána (Ship Gate) was built between the years 1836 and 1841 according to the design of a district architect whose name remains unknown. Based on the stylistic criteria, the construction was most likely entrusted to Wenzl Prachensky or Adam Musill. The hospital was a detached two-floor and three-wing structure with a capacity of 100 beds. The purely Classicist structure with a plain facade, which is articulated only by a wide horizontal ledge and a belt rustication stands on the north side of Balthasar Neumann Square. The current building replaced the older regiment hospital that had stood between two posts of the town fortification before being destroyed by a fire of the town in 1809 and converted into a residential house in 1824.

(Kunst 1992, 187)

 

This building is not accessible to the public. 

 

Contact Information

Address: Balthasara Neumanna

 

Pictures

Army hospital. Building in 1850. V. Prökl

Army hospital. Building in 1850. V. Prökl

Army hospital. Building in 1867

Army hospital. Building in 1867

Army hospital. Layout plan. V. Prökl, 1850

Army hospital. Layout plan. V. Prökl, 1850

 
Army Hospital 2013

Army Hospital 2013

Army Hospital 2013

Army Hospital 2013

Army Hospital 2013

Army Hospital 2013

 
Army Hospital 2013

Army Hospital 2013

Army Hospital 2013

Army Hospital 2013

 

 
Interactive Encyclopaedia of the Town of Cheb

Interactive Encyclopaedia of the Town of Cheb
Overview of Top 200 Historic Sites in Cheb.