skip to navigation »

1866 War Memorial

Year of construction: 1867

Rok zániku: 1912

Number of views: 4490 | This object no longer exists.

 
 

1866 War Memorial

The memorial to the soldiers of the 73rd Cheb Infantry Regiment who had fallen at the Battle of Jičín during the Austro-Prussian War in 1866 was erected at the corner of Brandlova and Nerudova Streets. After a new memorial to all fallen soldiers had been unveiled in Municipal Park in June 1912, the original memorial was taken apart and reassembled at the battlefield near the town of Jičín where it was ceremoniously unveiled in July 1912.

(bh)

 

The memorial may be found in Jičín.

 

Contact Information

Address: Nerudova

 

Pictures

War memorial. J. Haberzettl, 1900

War memorial. J. Haberzettl, 1900

 
 
Interactive Encyclopaedia of the Town of Cheb

Interactive Encyclopaedia of the Town of Cheb
Overview of Top 200 Historic Sites in Cheb.